Psychological support for cancer patients and their families.
Psycho-Oncology is the linking area between Psychology and Oncology.
What can you get?
- intrapsychic problems - anxiety, depression, fear, anger, insecurity, losses, despair, mood swings, and hope,
- social issues - isolation, stigma, changing roles, loss of control, loss of autonomy,
- problems related to the disease - mutilations, treatments, effects associated, relationships with doctors.
You can also get:
- prevention, treatment and
- rehabilitation for patients with disease in remission and psychological assistance in the terminal phase of the disease (see psychological support in palliative care)