Cognitive Therapy in Dementia, Neurological or Vascular Diseases Rehabilitation
Treatments that include, within a holistic conception, all scientifically approved therapies. They can be included, when necessary and useful, not only patients but also their caregivers and family members.
Objectives for Patients:
- Rehabilitation of impaired cognitive and psychomotor functions,
- Health promotion and psycho-education,
- Stimulation of uncommitted areas,
- Stimulation of activities of daily living, self-care and reducing dependence,
- Social integration,
- Reality orientation,
- Arouse interest in varied values,
- Preservation of identity,
- Stimulation of affectivity and reduction of relational stress,
- Free time occupation with topics of interest to the patient.
Objectives for Caregivers and Family Members:
- clarification about the disease,
- practical resolutions for addiction issues,
- solutions for everyday stress,
- psychological preparation for issues related to the worsening of the patient's condition,
- Anticipatory mourning.